Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pollen Alert!

I was hoping to go for a bike ride today but after spending 15 minutes weeding my strawberry patch, my sinuses are telling me I wouldn't be doing myself any favors by spending an hour on a woodsy trail. I checked the pollen level on weather.com; there was a red outlined scroll that read, "Pollen Alert!"

When my sinuses swell it feels like there's a puffer fish in my nasal tissue. When the air gets overloaded with allergens, it puffs up. If the allergens are really concentrated in the air, then the little puffer pushes his spines into the surrounding nerve tissue.

Still trying to think positive, I'm heading to the Y for a swim and to sit in the sauna. The increased humidity tends to relieve some of my sinus pain.

Tomorrow, running class at 5:30 p.m.!

No comments:

Post a Comment