Sunday, November 28, 2010

This blog is changing directions....

This blog is changing directions. I love to run and appreciate the love for running, but I am no longer running. I had some mild asthma attacks this past summer and fall after exercising outside. So, now I've moved my exercise regime indoors, where the air is filtered from mold spores and tree pollen-my two worst allergens. I am swimming laps at the Y regularly.

I am getting close to a one year anniversary of getting allergy shots. Since December of 2009, I've been injected weekly with the very stuff that makes me sick so my body no longer sees the stuff as a foreign invaders. After a full year of allergy shots, I should be seeing some resistance to the stuff that makes me sick.

I don't plan to write just about exercise and my allergies, but about whatever is happening. I'll try to make it interesting....

1 comment:

  1. Looking back at the previous blogs, I see they are incomplete. I did not blog about how I fell off my bike in May and broke my wrist. Or that I did complete the Heritage Trail race. It was a 5K race, I ran it in 30:52. I ran my first mile in 9:40. My goal when beginning Jessica's running class was to be able to run miles under 10 minutes. I stopped going to Jessica's running class once I got my brightly color cast on. She was understanding and continues to be a great source of support and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete